I hate starting the New Year with resolutions. It feels a little confining to me. So, it helps me to think instead in terms of Big Ideas. So, here are my Big Ideas for 2011:
- Write. There's a story that needs telling. Thoughts that have to get out or they are going to just bounce around in there until I lose it. It's this year. And I have a leg-up thanks to my friends Stephanie Newton and Lisa Long.
- Join the 5 o'clock club. I already know that I get more done when I get up early. My "To Do List" can be mostly crossed off by 11 o'clock if I get up early. I think I'm just scared I might take over the world if I am that productive. Well, no more fear. Just a very awake Janet at 5 o'clock.
- Run. I love it. It makes my head clear and my heart pump. It's a part of me now that I can't ignore. See you on the streets, peeps.
- Craft. It's my outlet for what little creativity I do possess. Also, if I don't do something with all those supplies my husband is gonna croak.
- Jesus. Instead of just stewing in my own disgust at the cultural Christianity that I find myself participating in, I'm asking God to throw me into different relationships that challenge my idea of what Jesus would do. I'll put the pics on Facebook.
What about you?
(Thank you, April, for the inspiration to do this.)